Home Academics KHS STEM
Knightdale HS STEM Collaborative
Knightdale High School is a member of the WCPSS STEM Schools Collaborative.
STEM at Knightdale HS is a school-wide, systematic approach to the learning process that offers students and teachers opportunities and strategies that engage the mind.
STEM at KHS is a framework that will direct our approach to fulfill our school’s mission:
- Staff will use instructional methods, grading systems and course content that reflect the STEM approach
- Students will show initiative and responsibility in the learning process.
- Community stakeholders will take an active role in facilitating real-world connections to the myriad career opportunities available for them in today’s STEM fields.
WCPSS STEM School Network members commit to:
- Search out ways to engage, inspire and propel students in integrated learning projects using the knowledge, skills and abilities inherent within the content areas of science and math, utilizing technology and the design and development processes of engineering
- Hire staff members with STEM expertise
- Regularly access and use designated STEM curriculum activities through CMAPP and other resources
- Encourage the use of technology to further STEM education goals for students
- Actively collaborate and share best practices within the local and state STEM schools networks
- Actively participate in network activities, and work with other network schools to solve problems
- Support the faculty in accessing the professional development aligned to STEM
- Update the school website and print media to highlight STEM education effort
What is STEM?
STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. STEM skills are vital to be successful in the 21st century and critical to our collective future. Every grand challenge our world faces will be impacted by STEM. Every job, even the ones you wouldn’t expect, will require at least basic STEM skills. Research shows that STEM skills are transferable and needed in every job sector. And, while maintaining North Carolina’s scientific and technological leadership is essential to our economic growth, national security and productive future, we are facing a critical talent gap in these areas.
Directions to KHS
Knightdale High School
Directions to KHS:
Take the I440/Beltline to US 64 East (Business) to Knightdale. Turn left onto Old Knight Road. Go about ¼ of a mile past Forestville Road and the school will be on the left.
Driving directions to KHS are also available through Yahoo Maps, Google Maps, and MapQuest.